I’m playing my first band show in who knows how long this Thursday
(4.19.01) at the Grape Street Pub. The Jim Boggia’s hit at around 11p,
but come around 10p to see the Electric Farm and then stay late to see
As with ALL of the shows I have ever played in my life, you will NOT
hear me say any of the following things from stage:
* This next song is on my new CD.
* That was a song from my new CD.
* I’ve got CDs for sale at the back.
* Hey, check out my new CD.
* This next song isn’t on my new CD, but I’ve got CDs for sale at the
* Make sure you sign the mailing list and while you’re at it, why not
buy a CD?
Why am I telling you this? Because this Thursday’s Grape Street show is
the end of an era; the last time that you will be able to hear my music
unfettered by shameful pleas and self-promotional plugs to buy my new
However, even after this Thursday’s show at the Grape you can bank on
never hearing me say any of the following:
* Wow, I love that new Dave Matthew’s CD.
* Hop in, I’m drivin’.
* I gotta lose some weight.
* Smooth Jazz? I LOVE Smooth Jazz!
* More shrimp, please.
So come on out to the Grape Street Pub in Manayunk this Thursday and
witness the end of music for music’s sake – from now on, it’s COMMERCE
Thursday, April 19, 2001
Grape Street Pub
105 Grape Street – Manayunk, PA
10p – Electric Farm
11p – Jim Boggia
12a – Kevin Hanson
Seriously, I really hope to see a lot of you there. All the bands know
each other and there will probably be some playing on each other’s sets
and it should be a special night. Try to make it on out.
P.S. – This is not a CD release announcement.