Greetings Beatle Peedles,
A quick blast about what should be a very cool, unique night of Fab and Gear entertainment.
WEDNESDAY, 9.02.09 – 7P
BEATLES BY BOGGIA (45TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE BEATLES’ 1ST PHILLY SHOW)
WORLD CAFE LIVE – PHILADELPHIA, PA
September 2, 1964 – The Beatles’ 1st Philly show takes place at the Philadelphia Convention Center
- There were probably about 17 other acts on before they played.
- Hy Lit (note the initials) asked them to come play at the Convention Center. He also hosted.
September 2, 2009 – The ‘Beatles by Boggia’ takes place at World Cafe Live
- The Beatles’ set wasn’t more than about about a half an hour.
- Tickets are 15 bucks (plus a nominal service fee – life is so much better now).
- Larry Kane will talk about his time traveling with and interviewing the Beatles on their first tour (and beyond) and Denny Somach will present a bunch of his fab memorabilia (including the only footage of the Beatles’ performance that night in ’64) before I play.
- Helen Leicht (note the initials) asked me to come play at World Cafe Live. She’s also hosting, which is what you’d expect from the woman who invented the Breakfast with the Beatles format.
- I’m playing the same set The Beatles played and it STILL won’t be more than about about a half an hour.
At least one of these things isn’t true (Hint: it’s not the set length) but it WILL be a great evening of music and Fab memories.
If you were at the Beatles’ show 45 years ago and bring your ticket stub, WCL will give you a free drink. If you have been at ANY of my shows in the past and bring your ticket stub, I’ll let you buy me a drink.
Oh yeah – and there’s a special English pub-style menu that night. I’m hoping for Sunday Roast with Yorkshire Pud (but I’m not cookin’, so I can’t promise).
Wednesday, 9.02.09 – 7p
BEATLES BY BOGGIA
World Cafe Live
3025 Walnut Street – Philadelphia, PA
21+. $15 (plus service charge).
THE BIG PROMO PUSH
In order to spread the word about Wednesday night’s show, I’m making a couple of promotional appearances on Monday, 8.31.09:
The 10! Show
Visiting with my friends Bill Henley and Lori Wilson once again on The 10! Show and playing a Fab tune. As always, you can watch it at home or come down to the studio and watch the magic.
Monday, 8.31.09 – 11a
THE 10! SHOW
NBC10 – Philadelphia, PA
Be in The 10! Show Audience
WXPN’s Leicht Lunch
After “wrapping” the TV portion of the broadcast day, I’ll be joining Helen Leicht on the radio for WXPN’s Leicht Lunch. I will play a Fab tune different from the one I played earlier on TV. I will ask Helen to tell the story about when she met Paul and I will have a story prepared about not meeting him.
Monday, 8.31.09 – 12p – 1p
88.5 WXPN – Philadelphia, PA
Helen on XPN